Stop! Don’t pick up the ‘added vitamins and minerals’ water. Incorporating the humble and mighty cucumber into your regular drinking water is the best way to consume vitamins and minerals. Cucumber water is a good substitute to sweetened drinks and keeps you well hydrated.
Cucumbers are loaded with vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and phytonutrients that help maintain a healthy body and mind (1).
Store this nutritious drink in an airtight jar or glass bottle. You can easily carry it with you wherever you go and sip on it throughout the day to feel fresh and active.
Cucumber Water Benefits
Here’s what cucumber water can do for you:
- Flushes Out Toxins – The high water content in cucumbers helps to flush out harmful toxins from the body. When consumed regularly, it can dissolve kidney stones.
- Vitamins & Minerals – Drinking water that contains cucumber’s vitamins and minerals fulfills a good portion of your nutritional requirements.
- Fights Cancer- The cucurbitacins in cucumber block the molecules that trigger uncontrollable cell division. Lignans also help to fight estrogen-related cancers such as breast, ovary, uterus, and prostate cancer (3).
- Hydrates You- Sipping on cucumber water breaks the monotony of drinking regular water and keeps you hydrated all the time. Proper hydration helps to keep your cells turgid and active.
- Helps To Lose Weight- Cucumber is loaded with nutrients and water. It helps to curb your appetite and gives you a feeling of satiety. Hence you tend to eat less (4).
- Supports Digestion- A healthy digestive system keeps many health problems (indigestion, gastritis, etc.) at bay. Cucumber infused water helps to maintain good digestion due to its high dietary fiber content (5).
- Regulates Blood Pressure – The vitamins and minerals present in cucumber regulate and maintain normal blood pressure.
- Improves Brain Health – Fisetin is an anti-inflammatory flavanol found in cucumber that helps to improve brain function and memory (6).
- Improves Skin & Muscle Health- Silica present in cucumber helps to improve skin and muscles (7).